Valentine's Day Chocolate Love Recipes
Deliciously tasty and romantic treats that you can whip up in just minutes!
They say that the way to a man's heart is through his stomach. I'll expand on it and say that the way to ANYONE'S heart is through the stomach. So regardless of if you're a man or a woman or if your love is a guy or a girl, there is definitely something in the food department that you can do to make this Valentine's day even more romantic for them. After all, what expresses love better than freshly baked cookies or smells more like passion than chocolate! Here are 3 really quick ideas and recipes for celebrating Valentine's day - over the most delectable edibles!
Who knew strawberries almost fully covered with a layer of chocolate could be so good (and so ravishingly succulent - perfect for V-Day) for the heart? Both the berries and dark chocolate contain very high level of antioxidants. So you put together the RED berries, the definitive V-Day ingredient "CHOCOLATE" and the result is good for your HEART! Seems like a match made in heaven for Valentine's Day!
16 oz. Dark Chocolate (80%), Chopped
2 pints of strawberries - red as the heart!
2 TBS Whipping Cream
Vanilla Extract (Just the tiniest amount)
- Melt the cream and chocolate for about a minute in the Microwave (Use a bowl that's safe for use within the appliance). Remember to mix the bowl contents after 30 seconds.
- Stir in the vanilla extract after taking the bowl out of the microwave.
- Spread the resulting paste over the strawberries with a knife. You should let some of the strawberries' red peeping out of the covering.
- Place the berries on a sheet lined with waxed paper and put them into the fridge for 45 minutes.
- Take them out and savor the crunchy chocolate exterior as you bite into the juicy strawberry underneath!
Easiest to bake and extremely cute looking are this Valentine's Day standard. Heart shaped sugar cookies can be munched on during the entire day as you and your valentine have conversations or cuddle together to watch a movie.
3 1/2 cups flour
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking powder
1 cup butter (unsalted)
1 1/2 cups sugar (white and granulated)
2 eggs (large)
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 egg whites (large)
2 tsp. lemon juice (fresh)
3 cups sifted confectioners' sugar (powdered or icing)
You can use gel paste dyes to color the icing. Mix well a very small amount with the icing.
- Mix the flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, beat the butter and sugar until fluffy. Beat again after adding eggs and vanilla extract. Finally add the mixture prepared in Step 1 and beat until you get smooth dough like mixture.
- Divide the mixture into two halves, place inside plastic wrap and refrigerate for 60 minutes (or till you think it's firm enough to roll).
- Take out the cooled dough and roll it to a thickness of 1/4 inch. Use a heart shaped cutter (lightly floured) to cut out cookies in your desired shape. Place them in a baking tray. Put them in fridge for another 15 minutes so that their shape remains preserved during backing.
- Bake for ten minutes. Take them out of the oven and let cool.
- To make the royal icing, beat the egg whites and lemon juice together. Add the sugar (sifted) and beat until smooth. Use immediately or store in an airtight container.
- After icing the cookies, you're ready to present them. Enjoy!
(Makes 36 cookies)
Chocolate Fudge (Raw)
This scrumptious must-have dessert is rich and fulfilling and will take very little of your time. And as it will only add sweetness to your Valentine's Day, you know you want to make this one.
1 cup organic coconut oil
1 cup honey/agave nectar/brown rice syrup
1 cup coconut (unsweetened)
3/8 cup carob powder
1/8 cup coco/cacao powder
1 cup of chopped almonds
- Add the coconut oil to the blender.
- Add the nectar/honey/brown rice syrup.
- Add the coconut, carob powder and cacao/coco.
- Blend them and add the chopped almonds.
- Blend again very lightly (optional).
- Pour into a pan.
- Refrigerate for an hour and two. And done!
We hope you'll pick the right recipe for the Valentine's Day and both of you will enjoy a delicious taste.
Related articles: 5 Free Gifts Ideas For Him This Valentine's Day
Leave a Comment